Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Kindergarten SPRAY-Painted Nature Stems: WORKS OF ART!

Kindergarten SPRAY-Painted Nature Stems: Works of Art at RainbowsWithinReach

LOOK at this Kinder-Art from the recent CA PK1 conference. 

LET ME START WITH A BIG DISCLAIMER! 
I did not make these projects, nor did I even get to see them underway. 

That being said. How absolutely incredible is this work? 
All of my favorites: open-ended process art + kindergarteners. 

TRUE CONFESSION!
What I can NOT even really begin to imagine is how these were made.
{Worry not. I have the exact directions to share.}
I just can NOT begin to fathom the actuality. 

KINDERGARTEN CHILDREN + SPRAY PAINT! 


This display was DIRECTLY behind my table out in CA at the PK1 Conference.
Why yes, that's Palma from KFUNdamentals + Dr. Jean!
NOW.
Let's take a closer look at the display.

{I PROMISE I WILL SHARE THE DIRECTIONS, NEXT!} 


DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...................... 
The description straight from Cindy Tuisku, Kinder Teacher EXTRA-ORDINAIRE!

Be prepared to read the directions. 
Then read them again. 
Then read them for the third time.


Directions for Kindergarten SPRAY-Painted Nature Stems: Works of Art at RainbowsWithinReach

Now take another look at another portion of the display. 
Does it make sense? 
Kindergarten Kids.
Spray paint. 
Spray paint handles.
{What BTW is a spray paint handle?} 
Could you pull that off?
I taught elementary Art and I stand in AWE! OUTRIGHT AWE I tell you!  

Question number one: 
are you working one-on-one with an adult-to-K-kiddo ratio? 


Now. Just sit back and scroll. 
Allow your heart to absorb this beauty. 
They could be framed and in a Fine Arts GALLERY!













Open Ended Process Art in Kindergarten: Spray Paint and Nature Stems at RainbowsWithinReach

My latest baby-step toward 'monitization' of my blog. 
Also, while in CA, I got to meet the ESGI heart.


ESGI has befriended and sponsored our weekly Twitter chat #TeacherFriends.
I have become an affiliate for them. 
When you use my code B1215, you'll get a discount and I'll benefit as well! 




While we're thinking about Art + Kindergarten............

This earlier article has had more readers than any other of the last year. 

AUTHENTIC Art vs. "Craftivity" at RainbowsWithinReach

Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop
Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. So glad you liked our spray paint leaves! To answer your questions: Yes, I do this one-on-one just outside my classroom door. I have the water table (no water in it at the time) full of branches for the kids to choose from and newspaper laying on the ground that they place their paper on. While on child is spraying, the next is writing their name on the back of their paper and the next child is choosing their paper color, it doesn't really take all that long to get through a class, but I do usually do it in 2 afternoons. The directions are a little bit out of date, as most spray paint now comes with a wider button (or whatever you call the sprayer on top) that is easier for kids to press than the old skinny ones used to be. For the older spray paint with the skinny buttons, Home Depot (I think that's where I bought them) sold these plastic handles that fit onto the top of the paint cans that allow the kids to use all their fingers to pull back, rather like a trigger of sorts, instead of one little finger pressing on a tiny button. They work great! It really is do-able with kindergarten kids. I've done it for years! My oldest son is 33 years old and my mom still has his framed on the wall from when he was in kindergarten. I learned the technique from my master teacher in college. She was trained in the British Infant Schools and was amazing. I always think of her when I do these each year. Thanks for continuing to share this project! By the way, I loved your presentation at the Blogger's Fiesta. Art Really Teaches! Cindy Tuisku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am in love with these and all the possibilities! Thank you Cindy and Debbie for sharing this. I hope to be able to go to some of these wonderful teacher conferences one day but love that I can still share in them at least a little through the power of the internet.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...