Saturday, August 15, 2015

PRAISE REPORT! Overdue and so Full of Gratitude!

In the last sixteen days I've gone back and forth across the country. Up to down and then down to up and back and forth a time or two. Safe and sound back to square one. Think frequent flier points meets happy smile extravaganza! Hallelujah! 

So much to be thankful for! So much rejoicing to celebrate. I've met THOUSANDS of Early Childhood Teachers, eager to launch their new school year. 
PLUS: I've spent some quality time with both of my daughters and our three #WonderPeeps as well! Blessings abound. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

First stop: Dallas. Frog Street Press. SPLASH! #FSsplash15! Ambassadors: Groupie-on-a-Stick! The whole weekend was beyond my wildest. Old friends. New friends. Opportunities galore. Here's the first photographic evidence of the fun.  


Vanessa, of PreK Pages, right in the middle of the photo, is the reason that I got to be part of the official festivities. The woman is brilliant and has a heart of gold. I am so indebted to her support during my recent Frog Street Webinar. She served as my hostess and my rock. 
YEAH VANESSA! 

Then it was on to getting our ambassador booth space organized. 
I rubbed elbows with these three amazing hearts all weekend. 


ABOVE: Left-to-right that's Kaci of Mrs. Hoffer's Spot, Crystal of Kreative in Kinder and my roomie and bunk-mate Jennifer of Simply Kinder. I'll do my best to get links added later. Promise. 


There were so many highlights of our time together!!! 
Sharing in the pajama party spotlight as Crystal led the fun.... truly was amazing. 
That's Sharon beside me, in the yellow t-shirt. 
She's one of the 'original' four frogs of Frog Street Press. 
She is the heart of all that happens: SPLASH and Frog Street! 
To know that we pray for each other is a blessing beyond measure. 
With Vanessa's prompt came Sharon's ratification. 
WHAT A TEAM!

There were so many magical moments. 
This was a quick gathering of the subset of bloggers that share the "Kinderland" banner connection. 








From Dallas it was a double-hop-flight to get myself over to Columbus and the week of GeeGee-has-fun! Thank all the angels in heaven for getting me to my Atlanta gate on time, when my iPhone didn't adjust itself for the time change and I was dilly-dallying between gates thinking I had all the time in the world. I made it, through no awareness of my own making.

No sooner did I arrive at WonderPeep central, but we turned around and returned to the airport for my daughter Sarah to fly off  for her excitement in Chicago. 

#ItsAHeavenThingNumber637 

Daughter Noelle arrived in the next whirlwind of hugs, driving in from DC for a Columbus gig and recording of her own. LET THE FUN BEGIN! 

***How many angels were involved in that Divine Timing?
ZOOOOOOOOO TRIP! 



To have the quality time of this particular subset of three generational family fun was a blessing like no other. The peeps couldn't get enough of Aunt Noelle, [or Auntie Bean as they often referred to her.] 

Yes. There were arguments  races and discussions over who would get to sit next to her, hold her hand, get to have her as reading partner, ride piggy back: you name it. 
Yes. There is plenty of quibbling when a novelty of this order presents itself. What joy. What a treasure. 


I got to wear my GeeGee hat and my mommy hat!
Be still my heart! 

 Getting the updates of Sarah speaking at her first national Younique convention? 
PRICELESS! 
 
Yup. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 



ALL TOO SOON: 

It was time for Noelle to leave on her own return road trip to her home. 
There was much struggle to allow her to depart. 
Many hugs were needed to wish her on her way.



*** It was cra-cra that the visit didn't overlap with the girls ever seeing each other. 
It was a gift to ME. 
It was a gift to the peeps. 

Noelle was able to spend the day at the zoo 
AND 
attend a morning of football and cheer leading practice, too! 

She really got to see everyone in their own, best element!!!


That is the one piece of selfie-evidence that the two of us were in the same place at the same time! 
Glad that we thought to snap that up quickly in the hubub of her departure! 




From Columbus, I had a direct flight into Washington DC to pick up my rental car..... 
Next stop the VA Head Start Association! 
I spoke for an entire day to the "Birth to Three" crowd. 



Truth be told. I am used to being 'DIVA Debbie' and I'm used to having my strong, brave, capable husband Allen get me from point A to point B on these cross country adventures. He attends to ALL of the details. Traveling on my own was a wake-up call as to just how indebted I am to his efforts on my behalf. [Missed him like crazy!]

I knew that arriving in DC was just the start of the next leg of all the fun to unfold. I needed to pick up my rental car and then drive several hours to my destination in Virginia. I kept up with my self-talk-via scripture and song. 



"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -- Joshua 1:9


One step at a time. It worked. 
I made it to the Stonewall Jackson conference center! 
Safe and sound. 




As usual. 
There's never enough time. 
How do moms with youngun's EVER get to their blogs? 

I'll add more words and pictures and attempt to get caught up. 
Tomorrow! 
Tomorrow! 
I'll blog more...... 
Tomorrow! 

In the mean time. 
KNOW that I know that I am a very fortunate person. 
I am filled with gratitude. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Now is also the time for prayer. 
Prayer and scripture reading.
Scripture reading and prayer. 

In the life of our extended family, the time of {literal} trial is getting closer at hand. So many emotions. 

I am so grateful to know that there are folks holding our family up in prayer. 


4"Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.”  Isaiah 35:4


"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."  Psalms 94:19

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you."  Luke 10:19


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...